April 15, 2008

teen love

There's this blog I read from time to time and yesterday the author wrote a very beautiful post -HERE-. You should go read it! There's no way I can say it better than her.

I sit here everyday and see my oldest son turning into a gentleman. I don't think I can do it! I don't think I can let go when the time comes! I know I have to but ..... it's a very hard thing to come to terms with. After spending so many years fighting to get to keep him, it's difficult to flip in your thinking.

And the scary part is that he's the one I worry the least about when it comes to knowing they'll "make it". The other 3 kids, now them I'm not so sure they'll be able to "make it".

But I worry the most about him getting hurt - his heart & feelings. He's so soft hearted and believing.

These are the reasons I wish I could turn back time & then stop that clock!

No comments: