May 27, 2009

garden dreams

Ok I figure by now I should get to listing all the crap I'm attempting to grow this year LOL! There's a ton and I don't even have all of it planted yet. I figure since the farmers still don't have all their fields in yet I still have a little time for the few things I still need to plant.

In the garden -
  • peaches & cream corn
  • ruby corn
  • jack-o-lantern pumpkins
  • mini pumpkins
  • white onions
  • yellow onions
  • pickling cucumbers
  • zucchini
  • spaghetti squash
  • green beans
  • sugar baby watermelons
  • many different tomato plants
  • multi colored bell peppers
  • bananna peppers
  • multi mix hot peppers
  • 3 kinds of eggplant
  • red cabbage
  • rasberries
  • blackberries
  • blueberries
In pot & containers -
  • strawberries
  • thyme
  • basils
  • rosemary
  • parsley
  • stevia
  • sage
  • mints
  • lettuce
  • arugula
I planted these for pretties -
  • black dragons
  • hostas
  • 4 other pretty leaf plants (can't remember the names!)
  • hollyhocks
I still have to plant -
  • sugar snap peas
  • carrots
  • radishes
  • brocolli
  • sunflowers
  • morning glories
  • garlic
  • more peppers!
  • more onions!
  • more tomatoes!
I hope with all this extra food that things will be alot better this year. I plan to can & dehydrate as much as possible. I still need to get a outside propane burner so it don't get so hot inside while canning. Oh and an actual dehydrator would be GREAT too!

We're still using things I dehydrated and canned last fall/winter. Heck I STILL have stuff frozen in the freezer I haven't been able to can yet! I ran out of jars last year -- still need to get more of them at yard sales.

later...

No comments: