November 14, 2009

new recipe!

Ok, Thursday night I decided that I was going to do an "end of the month" supper. You know it's the end of the month and you don't really have enough of any one recipe item -- oh and you have a half hour before supper time LOL!

Here's what I did.

Anne's Alfredo
¾ box spaghetti (hint bottom)
1 stick margarine
1 small onion
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
¾ c. Parmesan cheese
1 can cream of potato/any
1 can evaporated milk

Cook the spaghetti - try to time it so you don't need to wait to add the sauce. Melt butter. Then add the onions and garlic, cook till tender. Add the Parmesan, cream of ...., and evaporated milk. Cook till it kinda comes together - then dump and mix with the spaghetti. Done!

Ok now to some hints for this.

Spaghetti noodles first. I've been taking the boxes of spaghetti I've been buying breaking them in half then putting them into wide mouth quart jars. I just kinda eyeball it till it's plum full. I used one quart jar for this.

You can use cream of anything for this. I just thought cream of potatoes would be nice. Just like any other ingredient on this list - completely possible to switch them any which way you want =)

We thought this could of used MORE sauce. Don't cook the spaghetti too soon and then add oil to it so the noodles won't stick -- makes it too oily. Might of also been the butter? Darkside thought it could use come cooked chicken. I think this would be a great recipe to put some breaded chicken strips on top of it and wal-la! a meal =)

this could be all done with food storage which is great!

later...

No comments: