February 8, 2010

#3

Today was a busy day here. We started a bathroom remodeling project on Saturday that I was just sure that we would get done that day or at the latest Sunday. Nope! We still had a couple hours to put into it today after working on it till 2 am last night. But it's all done now - YEA!

It's so nice to be able to walk into the bathroom now and not have to worry about the floor falling through =) Right now I'm waiting for the hot water heater to warm up so I can have my shot at a nice hot shower.

Darkside has pointed out that I have a real problem with bathrooms and I have to agree after thinking about it. Almost every bathroom we've had in 4 years I have DEMANDED be redone. I just can't help it. They have been some of the worst bathrooms ever! That's a total of 5 bathrooms -- maybe I do have a problem =)

----------------------------------

On another note...... Today is #3's birthday - he turned 12. I can barely believe he's that old now! Darkside and I both made mistakes in the past 2 days with saying he was turning 8 -- where did the past 4 years go?

Maybe since we were so busy re-doing bathrooms we didn't notice time flying by??

#3 is my little spy, scientist, lego builder extraordinaire,  philanthropist, and maker of games. And today I had to realize he's not so little anymore. This was something I should have known before now but I wasn't honest with myself. Seriously, how could anyone over look a child pre-teen who now wears size 9 men's shoes? or how about 32/30 jeans?

I sit tonight thinking of our first week together. There were many moments - the battle we fought together while he was just minutes old against the nurses so he could have a full bottle, the boy came out hungry! - or how about the next morning when he sneakily tried to pee on me but I'm quicker and quickly pushed the diaper down so he only got himself LOL!! - or the moment when I thought it would be so cute to get video footage of his older sister holding him and she was being the typical evil diva sister and smacked him right in his face (yes I saved him yet again :)

I'll remember these things because folks...........it's gonna get hairy from here on out! teen years suck for everyone! =)

later...

No comments: