September 15, 2010

Day 2: dietary limitations


Ok well to start off this is my oldest son's 17th birthday. A tradition we have in our house is that the birthday person gets to pick out their cake & design and what we have for supper. Yep - we were screwed for today before it even started LOL!

I think I will recreate this challenge sometime when the 7 day challenge is up -- like the day after! I really wanted to do this one, it would of been kinda easy for us. But on to what we could do =)



I'm going to copy straight from their site so I get things straight =)

Today’s Tasks:
  • Cook breakfast from scratch - NO!
  • Cook lunch from scratch - NO!
  • Cook dinner from scratch - NO!
  • Bake a loaf of homemade bread - NO!
  • Print out some of your favorite recipes to use in case the internet is down during an emergency - YES!
Today’s Limitations:
  • For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants. - YES!
  • Do not use ANY pre-packaged or convenience-type foods. No mixes, boxed cereals, canned soups or sauces etc. If you can’t pronounce all the ingredients and say where it came from, it’s probalby a NO go. - NO!
  • Do not buy or borrow ingredients. Use only what you have stored. - YES!
Advanced Tasks:
  • Make a delicious dessert from scratch. - NO!
  • Plan an entire week worth of meals you could make out of your current food supplies. - YES!
  • Do some research on the health benefits of eating less preservatives. - YES!

 Here's our report card, surprisingly we got a half decent score (I guess?) -




And can ya tell I figured out a way to print out the report card better? I selected the option as if I was printing a fax - worked like a charm! =)

later...

No comments: