April 17, 2011

Wrapped in HOPE 2011

WRAPPED IN HOPE

I participated in this last year and made a quilt for a little boy in September (blogged here).













This year I had the kids help me pick and we decided on 5 kids. I've got two done so far and already sent out.














Now on to the next two that are going out in the next month. I have some great ideas for them too =) And the last one is in November so I'll have plenty of time to do it.

I've had so much fun doing this. I've pushed myself to try new things and methods. And I'm so happy to be able to help out other kids who have to go through some of the same things I've went through. Having a parent in prison (at any age) is difficult on a kid. It's real difficult to wrap your brain around. But having a token of love to wrap yourself in -- that was made for you & from your parent -- that's something that makes a real impact on these kids. I'm so happy I've been a part of this =)

later...

No comments: