I was VERY disappointed with #1 the newspaper here & #2 the city wide garage sales. The newspaper didn't mention ANYTHING AT ALL about any of the festivities. UGH! And the city wide garage sales consisted of a bunch of people setting out things with OUTRAGEOUS tags on them. Like for instance I seen a stained, ratty, old t-shirt that wasn't even a name brand for $2! Yeah definitely not my kind of sales.
We've been busy, busy!
- We keep having problems with the tub fixture we bought so we had to remove part of a wall -- which didn't help! So we hillbilly-rigged it till we can figure out something better.
- drywalled the top portion that wasn't finished of the kitchen
- painted the hallway (not finished yet)
- installed the bathroom sink faucet
- found out where our missing window goes to - behind the bathroom! there's a space there that is above the stairs
- fixed the toliet
- canned a new banana jam (8 jars)
- fix the bathroom wall
- paint the bathroom
- finish painting the hallway
- paint & finish mudding the kitchen
- put shut-off's in the basement for the downstairs water
- fix the downstairs kitchen floor (vinyl tiles)
- fix the upstairs bathroom floor (buy vinyl tiles)
- same ^^ with upstairs kitchen
- weatherize WHOLE house to get ready for winter
- HALLOWEEN PROJECTS!!
- can, can, and can some more!
I'm supposed to have some sort of a goal with how much I need to can, I'm only doing jellies, pickles, & tomatoes, but I haven't figured that out yet. These kids go through about 1 pint of jelly a week - that'll be alot of jars!
I've just been stocking up on things - just in case. Like I have taco & chili seasoning mixes made up and ready in jars. I have enough of that for about a year LOL! Well maybe not taco but definitely chili! We don't eat too much chili & I have LOTS!
oh and I have enough basil growing here to last an Italian restaurant for at least 2 nights! I've already preserved some in salt and this is just the second picking. I'll probably have alot more.
ok that's all for now,
later...
No comments:
Post a Comment