September 13, 2011

lightspeed

Yep that's how things have been going here at the speed of light! Let me try to say some of the stuff =)

To start with my mom has been staying with us off and on now for about a month. Don't get me wrong I love having my mom here but it's very draining also! She's always busy - up cleaning or something. 15 years ago I loved it when she came to visit because my house would be so clean afterwards. Now I just think - why not sit and talk for awhile?

On the job front - Gene got 2 paper routes. Well actually we all got 2 paper routes since they are across town and Darkside has to drive him there. Alexis and Eddie has also been helping him too.

But that has made Darkside and I miss out on sleep. Plus Darkside had to tell his job that he can only work certain hours which made his check even smaller. So then I decided to start back selling Avon. But to be honest I've been wanting to for awhile anyway =)

Then we found out last week that there was a vendor event here in town on Saturday. So we decided it would be a great time for Alexis to sell some of her hats & scarves so she can raise money to ship the rest to Pine Ridge Reservation. She had over 90 hats and about 20 scarves! Over 2 totes full which is very heavy! It cost $20 for the booth and she needed $20 for change - when she came home she had that money back plus $15.50. She was so happy! She also got a special order for a scarf and a lady said she had some yarn she no longer needed that she would donate to her. Oh and she also got to meet another girl she's been texting for the first time.

Ummm........ we've gotten more rabbits and still have 3 babies left. Our does are bred now and we're about 1 week away from kindle time. And we bought another hutch too.

We've been getting bigger eggs everyday. Still have a hen that likes to peck them though. We average 8 - 10 eggs a day which is pretty good with 10 hens. Also we're down to 1 rooster (FogHorn) because I was able to find someone on freecycle that wanted the australop rooster we had.

We had all but one of our goldfish die - so we've got new ones. I bought me a male betta - he's blue and still nameless =(

We got a new puppy yesterday - he's so cute! Half lab, half german sheppard. We've named him Roofus. He was born on May 2 this year.

Mice and/or rats continue to be a terrible problem for us here. I put out some poison even though I hated to since we have the 3 cats but I just couldn't do nothing. Stupid cats aren't helping! I've threatened to not feed them but I just don't think that will help LOL  We're not real close to fields but I know that don't matter. I've seen the farmers out starting to harvest so the mouse population will rise I'm sure. Wish me luck!

Ok that's all the updates on the animals & jobs. Next I'll tackle the plants =)

later...
 

No comments: