January 20, 2009

wanting to move

Well to start things off - that el cheapo microwave I was gonna buy? it wasn't cheap! it cost about $60! I thought for sure that they sold for cheaper than that. I was wrong! And this one is about half the size of the old one. I guess the upside is it'll probably run on less electricity =)

I don't think I've mentioned it lately so --- I HATE IT HERE! I can't wait to move! Everytime I turn around there's yet another regulation in this state. I feel like I'm being smothered.

I am supposed to have a definite answer of where we will be moving by Feb. 1st. This was a personal goal of mine set a couple of months ago. Well that's only 11 days away, and I still have no idea. This isn't good at all!

There are a couple of houses that we're looking into but we are having troubles with getting realtors to do their jobs. It almost seems like they DONT want to take our money! Things like this only happen when we aren't supposed to go to a place.

For example - last year we were bound and determined to go to Ames, IA and live in a luxurious apartment. There was problem after problem, all were silly little things that would of worked out in time but we were in a fizz to get things done. I finally got fed up and went looking on realtor.com and BING! we found this place. The buying of this house was so smooth and quick that our heads were spinning for sometime afterwards.

And you know what? This past year in Ames there was flooding on streets we would of been using (not sure if the apt flooded though) and there was a fatal domestic shooting at the business where Darkside was going to work at. It was even on a night that he probably would of been working too! Talk about freaky!

So I try not to get antzy but it's hard.

We still have a long list of problems here.

Currently we have cold water running to 2 faucets, kitchen and tub. Sometimes the drains thaw and we can actually use them. I have no clue why the hot water don't want to work. But I sure am glad the toliet is working. I plan to tell all about our alternative toliet soon.

Since the furnace caught fire we've been using electric heat. After many failed attempts to install the wood stove - we kept getting blow back? - we finally went and bought a new kerosene heater. We used to have one but I finally convinced Darkside to get rid of it -- I think it was older than either one of us and was in poor working order. The new one works GREAT!

In the beginning we tried to only buy K1 but it's so expensive that we had to quit. It's $45 for 5 gallons here. Lately we just buy the kerosene from the gas station, it runs about $18 for 5 gallons. Our old kerosene heater smoked like crazy, this one don't at all! It's so nice! But when we go out I can smell the kerosene on us. Oh well I guess! At least we're warm.

Well for the most part anyway! Last week we had temps of -21F, that felt like -45F !!! Those days we closed up our 3 room apt and used only 2 rooms and prayed that the water didn't freeze up again. It did. But it did thaw quickly (2 days later). Although the drains took longer.

During this time we had -- 30' heat tape on water lines in basement and elec. heater in downstairs. Upstairs we had the oven on 200F door cracked open, elec. heater, and kerosene heater on high. The floor felt almost icy!

Did I mention I hate it here??!!??

I haven't drove the van since early November -- will I remember HOW to drive when warm weather gets here again?

I haven't left the house for about 2 weeks. Last time I left I had to be hand delivered to my seat in the van because it was so slick. I haven't been able to go grocery shopping regularly since early November.

I seriously HATE it here!

All I want is to live in a house that when I go to walk out the door I don't have a flight of stairs to go down first. And where I can walk out my door and walk across FLAT ground and get into the van. (we live on a bluff)

And if I have to think very much more about plumbing I will ABSOLUTELY go insane!

sorry but things here are still real depressing.
later...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Come on down to Texas Anne! It was 80 degrees here yesterday, and in the 70's today.

Anne M. said...

I should! 70 & 80 sounds soooo good right now.

We're going to get a warm front and might reach high 30's today and tomorrow -- woohoo! think it's time to swim? LOL!