April 1, 2010

trying to turn a new leaf ~blah!

After a recent yearly trip to doctor for my blood pressure I decided to turn a new leaf.

it.is.HARD.!!!

I'm attempting to get into better shape. The last time I even tried this was 3 years ago - it lasted 1 week! Then there was the time in 2003 while I was pregnant with #4 and that lasted 2 months. But before that NOTHING planned since high school!

Sure before I turned 18 I walked every where, but it was how I got around - not exercise, or at least that's how I seen it. =)

But anyway..... every year during my yearly blood pressure check ups I climb on that big, bad scale and notice I've gained yet another 10 pounds. And yes I know getting old does this to a person but I think lack of exercise does too. And every year it seems even as we simplify our lives we are lessening the amount of exercise we're doing.

So I've decided to change this. I've started actively exercising at least 3 times a week. We went out and bought this nifty cool bike and we all are riding it like crazy! Now if we could just afford to keep batteries in it! (I'm wanting to get the power adapter.)  I know it's mean but I told the kids no batteries for them - I can't afford to keep buying 4 D batteries for it though. They can still ride it without the batteries, it just doesn't tell them how far or fast they are going.

Darkside and I are attempting to do 2 miles each time, but it's hard to do! I can easily do 2 miles once a week but I just can't make myself do it again in the same week. Motivation is harder to come by than the mystical "roun-2-it" LOL!

I'm gonna give it another week or so and go back to the doctor to weigh myself. If I've lost 2 pounds I'm gonna consider it a success =)  Oh and I'm not gonna cheat and wear different shoes or something LOL! It don't work if all your doing is lying to yourself =)

figured it would be good for me to write this here so Darkside then has an alibi when they find me dead on that thing =)  Oh and if you see a headline "Over-weight Housewife Found Dead While Exercising" don't laugh too hard!

later...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: