We found a GREAT house!!
It's going to be ours when we sign the papers on the 18th - completely ours! no payments or anything! We got the greatest deal ever on a 2 story house in Iowa Falls. So our move date is pushed off by a week, but that's ok!
I know we were bouncing a bunch of ideas all year and even after this we had another idea that was all but concreted. But we just couldn't face going into a rental after all these years of owning so we checked out a few more properties and BAM!
We're so happy! So excited!
It's a nice little town, too!
Can ya tell I'm happy? LOL!
So here's our new plan -
Go to our new house, live there a couple of years - somewhere between 1 and 3 - then sell and buy a nice piece of land then.
No we've not seen the house but we've seen about a dozen pictures of it. Right off here some bad points -
- VERY small lot - like practically the house only
- outside needs painted
- siding needs minor repair
- roof may need new shingles - but that should be all
- inside walls need painted & updated from paneling
- most ceilings need new tiles or something - they are the old drop down type
- kitchen needs new sink (old 1 tub type) - this one may get
marked outnot sure yet!
- near a river
- near industrial part of town