November 14, 2011

dilemmas & friends

Well I have somewhat of a dilemma. Last Friday I finally got to meet a new friend's daughter. Afterwards we added each other on Facebook and she left a comment on my wall. She said how much she enjoyed meeting me and that we should all get together again soon - like next weekend for her Mom's upcoming birthday (which is on Wed). It was a really sweet thing for her to be so polite to leave a comment but I had already talked to her Mom and we was all planning on going out to the bars on the weekend to celebrate.

Here's the catch. In my infinite wisdom (HAHA!) I say that sounds great but I think your Mom has plans? but pm me cause I have an idea. She pm'ed me and said hey why don't we throw her a surprise birthday party on Friday or Saturday cause that works for her. OMG! What do I do now?!

She's only 14 so I don't want to hurt her feelings cause you know how every kid wants to do something big for their Mom's birthday. But my idea wasn't a surprise party! My idea was to help her out by picking up a cake for her - maybe even a picnic supper so her Mom didn't have to cook on her birthday.

Why do I get myself into these things?! 

So here I go to leave a message to her on Facebook - wish me luck!

later...

No comments: