March 4, 2009

Watch "Sicko" next time you're home sick

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Although yes, I know that the "evidence" in the movie is more than likely slanted & one sided to show what Moore wants shown - it's still a pretty accurate explanation of how the health care system in the US works.

I think it's a great movie for anyone to see so they fully understand the enormity of failure isn't just with them or people they know, but can happen to anyone, and does daily. Plus it's a great tool to show others the levels of which things can go even worse when it comes to health care, because not everyone has seen or heard of the lows that this movie shows.

I've made everyone I care about watch this, with the exception of my father-in-law - haven't had a chance yet.

But if you do watch it be prepared to cry, it's a sad, sad movie. I'm not sure if it's the great sadness you feel for the people shown or from the pain of having the blindfold ripped off.

If you want to borrow my copy just let me know =)


Isn't when you are sick the best time to see what a crappy health care system that is in place?

No comments: