July 8, 2009

canning

Preserved foodImage via Wikipedia
For the past couple of days I have been processing things for winter, either by canning it or freezing it to can when it's cooler out.

Here's what I've made so far -
  • cherry jelly (canned 8 half pints)
  • spiced blueberry jam (frozen 4 batches)
  • cherry jam (frozen 1 batch)
  • veggie relish (canned 5 half pints, 3 bowls in fridge)
I got the recipes for the last 3 from a book I received from paperbackswap. It's called Better Homes and Gardens Canning & Preserving Recipes. So far they taste great! If anyone wants a certain recipe just holler and I'll post it.

Aldi's has some more blueberries, strawberries, and cherries on sale for pretty cheap (although free is better!) so I'm sure I'll be doing more.

Plus, I still have zucchini and 2 watermelons to do something with! The only drawback is I only have 12 pint jars.

later...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: