July 28, 2011

makeup

In the past 2 years I've really got into makeup. Not that I haven't always like putting it on from time to time, but it was always the same things year after year. Now I do things WAY different =)

It all started when we moved back to Illinois and was staying with SR. See he's a big bar go-er so after about a month or so he finally talked us into going too. The first couple times I didn't even bother with putting something nice on -- I just wore what I had worn all day LOL

What did I have to dress up for? I wasn't there to meet a man or anything. Plus this is the same bar my mom used to go into all the time years ago -- blah, blah, blah. Until I got there and seen that the bar had definitely changed over the years! They now had a DJ there who played mostly dance/hip-hop -- what a change! And later in the night people who came in actually looked nice. But not one of those girls had good make-up on.

Well I don't have any nice clothes - or the body to show off - but I can do my makeup =)  So I went to Walgreens and picked up some new stuff that was on clearance (I'm cheap like that!). One thing I picked up was gel eyeliner, I'd never even hear of this stuff but it was cheap so I figured what the heck I'll figure it out! Once I googled it I seen a YouTube video by Petrilude -- I watched that and seen the other ones in the sidebar and was lost forever!

In the last 2 years I've spent over $1000 in makeup, hair, nails, and clothes. Heck I think that's the most I've spent on those things in the past 30 years combined! And I can't stop I love it so much =) The stuff I've learned in the past 2 years is astounding -- things I only dreamed of doing before.

So there's the story and here's all the best pictures from the past 2 years of makeup (dates ain't all right) -


later...
 

No comments: