July 30, 2011

movie - Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead


We watched this movie last week - it was so moving! I was so inspired to try out the same technique because let's be honest -- it wouldn't hurt anyone to try it right? So a couple of days later I get the ingredient list together to do the juice that is showed the most in the movie and go buy the things I need. The next day the kids and I get to work on making the juice (recipe & site links below). Here's what my juicer looked like at the end -


And here's our juice all finished and ready for us to give it a shot -- literally LOL


Ok first off let me be completely honest --- this was some potent stuff! I can see how it's healthy and can make ya healthy QUICK lol

But also I should point out that I HATE cucumbers - tho I didn't taste them in this - and we don't eat kale. In fact this is the first time I think we've ever ate it! And I think that is the main thing you can taste in this -- kale.

We didn't like it. So we tried to tweak the recipe till we did =) We tried it with a little salt -- nope. We tried it with a little agave nectar -- nope. So then we tried it half-n-half with apple juice -- yep! It's way better with the apple juice.

The whole idea tho is to replace your food -- ALL OF IT, eventually -- with fresh made juice only. I really think this idea can work, I believe wholeheartedly in what the movie showed. But there's two things I must do before I can jump into something like this - 1. find more recipes that I like   2. budget so I have money available to buy the ingredients

When I went to the website I realized that there are many ways to implement this "diet" which makes things nice for working it into the whole family. Like I seen on there you can do it for 5-10-15 days or just to supplement your normal diet, whatever you want. Hey I can work that! LOL

Darkside has been having so many stomach problems this last year and me with my blood pressure so we've already been trying to drink lots more juice. I seen this movie and it's message as a little bit of a wake up call to do it more and make it ourselves. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself LOL

So if your the least bit interested then here's

the trailer on YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SGWcZwk7c

the movie facebook (just noticed that there are some great helps on there! go figure I didnt look there first!) -- http://www.facebook.com/FatSickandNearlyDead

the website -- http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

the recipe for the green juice -- http://jointhereboot.com/reboot-program/the-reboot-express/during-your-reboot-express/reboot-express-meal-plan-day-1/


oh yeah and another good thing is ...... the chickens LOVED the pulp left over after juicing all that stuff LOL

later...
 

No comments: