March 17, 2010

gardens 2010

Well I've spent the day - or at least most of it - going through all the kids things. I can't believe the number of things they accumulate! We didn't get it done sooooooo.........my living room is full of crap! But there's always tomorrow to finish it all.

I also have realized that I've waited too long to get things bought for the garden! Even though it's supposed to snow this weekend things still need planted. OH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!!

I went and ask the landlord about the little blue house's side yard. Guess what he said?? Sure! Actually he said that'd be fine but if I wanted a larger out of the way area then right around the corner would be better. REALLY!! All he asks for in return are some tomatoes & cucumbers! That's it!

And let me tell you this spot he said would be better IS better! It's about 150' x 150' and completely out of the way from the school bus drop off. I have so many options with this piece of land! I'm so excited! From here on out it will be called the alley garden for the alley that runs right beside it.

So what we have is the alley garden, the garden out at SR's house, and the pot garden here at the house. Overall I think we'll be pretty good to go =)

Here's what all I'm planting and the magical places I'm getting the seeds -

Main Street Seed and Supply
  • buckwheat (?maybe?)  waiting for later
  • Old English grass mix (?maybe?)  waiting for later
  • clover (?maybe?)  waiting for later
  • green beans, Kentucky bush
  • green beans, Blue Lake bush
  • cabbage, late flat Dutch
  • celery, tall Utah
  • arugula
  • tomato, roma
  • tomato, rutgers
  • pea, progress #9
  • broom corn
  • popcorn, blue  waiting for next year
  • popcorn, strawberry  waiting for next year
  • popcorn, white waiting for next year
  • popcorn, yellow
  • corn, SE trinity - bi-color (?maybe?)
Walmart
  • cumin
  • rosemary
  • sunflowers
  • sweet peppers
  • hot peppers  waiting for later
  • brussel sprouts
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower  waiting for later
  • cantaloupe
  • carrots (MANY!)
  • cucumber, pickling bush
  • basil, genovese   <--got from Main St. Seeds
  • basil, sweet
  • dill
  • lavender  waiting for later
  • oregano, italian
  • thyme
  • pumpkin, big max
  • pumpkin, pie (?maybe?)  waiting for later
  • radish (MANY!)
  • watermelon
  • corn, SE chubby checkers (?maybe?)  waiting for later

POTATOES!!!!! not sure where from yet besides the ones in my kitchen =)

think there's enough?? =)

later...

No comments: