September 26, 2009

new stuff

Well this last week hasn't been the best for me. I had a "re-lapse" of sorts, sorry for my lack of better wording! It's my mental problems -- I go a little overboard sometimes with the paranoia sometimes. But this morning I got up and decided - TO HELL WITH IT! I am making myself snap out of it.

So on to some news =)

We have been processing things like crazy. Got pumpkin all done -- Darkside was sad about that (did I already post this??). Still have about 1 batch of apples to do, have put that off forever.

Started getting the following from the fall garden: baby carrots, zucchini, green beans, and raspberries. We have about 5 tomatoes on 1 new plant (green) and the peas are flowering. The broccoli looks promising. The other new tomatoes, tomatillos, and corn don't look so good.

In the summer garden things that are left seem to got their second wind. The tomatoes have even greened back up and have new flowers! The peppers are all putting out like crazy. The eggplants really need to be ripped out -- they never did anything. And the cabbage seems like it's stunted? They all only have softball size heads. Oh well maybe next year.

Also we haven't had any luck with the 2 dozen eggs we've tried to incubate in the past 2 months. I think we need to wait till spring to give it another shot. Plus the bater needs a good cleaning and tuning, in my opinion. Now whether SR agrees or not that another story!

We're still debating on whether or not we should get some does or not and start up selling baby rabbits. Our 2 bucks are HUGE and mean as hell. Well probably not that bad, but not exactly tame to handle and that's how I wanted them.

We are also excited to say that next week we may be in our new place. **cross your fingers!** I really hope that things go smoothly. We are making a big circle - cause we're going back to the place in Roodhouse. But things did seem to go ok there before. We at least had room and freedom there. Hopefully it's in the same or better condition than when we left there.

So now we're scrambling to store up some firewood for this year and might as well work on next year, right? So we're busy cutting and stacking wood.




Yep coming around full circle pretty much. But that's ok - we got a little smarter on the curves! =)

later...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: